Monday, September 17, 2012

Mellow Yellow Hibiscus - September 17, 2012

 Mellow Yellow Hibiscus is a very low-growing/ground-hugging plant.  I saw many plants once lining a sunny path that was about 20 feet long.  It looked really stunning.  It has been very winter hardy for me.  I brought this from my home in Houston and planted it in Brenham before the really harsh winter several years ago when temperatures stayed below freezing for three days.  That winter knocked the stuffing out of it, yes, but here it is going strong now.  The flowers are very similar to okra blooms with the yellow flowers and maroon centers.  This hibiscus sets seed, but I don't know if the plant will come true from seed.  Frankly, I don't know if the plant in this picture is the same mother plant I planted several years ago or if this plant is a seedling plant.  Probably the former. 





No comments:

Post a Comment