Monday, July 29, 2013

At War with the Armadillos July 28, 2013

The armadillos love this flowerbed.  They turn it up every single night so that I haven't been able to grow anything in it successfully.  So I am trying to make it as inhospitable as possible.  I put chicken wire around the perennial violets.  I put chicken wire around the crinums that Janine gave me.  And I laid chicken wire over all the areas that have nothing growing.  I transplanted a Pam Puryear Turk's Cap from the boardwalk to this flowerbed. If the armadillos leave it alone, this should be a pretty little flowerbed by the fall.  I know they will try to dig around the wire, it's just a question of how hard they will try.  That will determine how successfull I was with my efforts.
Above, six crinums that Janine gave me.
Above, the pink Pam Puryear Turk's Cap that I transplanted from the Boadwalk Garden.  It will get about 3 feet tall and just as wide.

No comments:

Post a Comment