Sunday, May 1, 2016

Before and After - Clearing Out a Bed May 1, 2016

I decided, at Bert's urging, to remove the 2  Kolkwitzia Amabilis in the bed outside of the dining room because it blocked the view and the flowers were just not that pretty.  The 3 pictures below are before I dug them out.


The next picture is after I cut one back, I considered leaving the other one in place but Bert wanted it gone.
The next picture is after I cut back the second shrub, but the stumps are still there.
The below photo is the two stumps after I dug them up.
 I hauled away the debris to the burn pile, I didn't want all those sticks in my compost pile.
Here is the finished bed.  I transplanted some rudbeckia from the edge of the bed to more in the middle of the bed.  I planted 4 hot pink phlox and 2 Marie Pavie roses and 1 butterfly weed.  I also moved lots of iris clumps to other beds to open up the area.  I planted some sedums in there as well to see if I can a ground cover to take over.  Not a good time to move iris, but it had to be done.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment