Monday, May 16, 2016

Day at the Farm May 16, 2016


Arrived Sunday evening.  I babysat Koy on Saturday and she spent the night.  I did this at mom and dad's house where I am living since the flood.  The three of us had lots of fun with the baby Koy!  Josh and Amy stayed for lunch on Sunday, and I drove to Burton after that.  It rained and rained.

The deer are all over my blackberries unfortunately.  I still have a lot, but I don't know how I will be able to get to them before they do.  Shock wire?  Time to look into it.  I picked enough to make a cobbler for two.  And we picked two plums that had turned red.

It seems the deer like amaranth too.  They ate the tops off of all my seedlings.  They waited until I was really excited about their progress - they were about a foot and a half tall.  Grrr.

I worked hard today pulling up all my dead poppies and cutting away all the Ox Eye daisies. I spent about 2 hours in the Star Garden, 3 hours in the Rose Garden, and 2 hours in the Orchard.  I hauled a truckload of compost down to the Orchard and spread it in two of the beds I cleared.  I sowed Poinsettia Amaranth and Anise Hyssop seed.




No comments:

Post a Comment