Sunday, February 26, 2017

Before and After - The Medicine Garden February 26, 2017

I was mulching in the Medicine Garden on Saturday and it struck me that it needed a lot of clean-up.  When you look at something all the time sometimes you don't notice that it's getting pretty shabby.  I had already decided that I needed more foundation plants in that garden, so a couple weekends ago I planted five Nikko Blue Hydrangeas and a Strawberry Bush. I'm putting in more foundation plants because many herbs are annuals.  I can't afford to buy herbs every year to fill the Medicine Garden.  That will take care of some of the face lift.  Anyway, back to the before and after.

Here is the Medicine Garden before Bert and I started our little improvement:
 In the picture below Bert had cut down two cedars and laid them on the ground to create the beginning of the path.  
 Below, two more cedar logs were added and I have begun mulching on either side of the logs.

 Below, I am using green metal landscaping strips to make the circular shape around the sculpture.  I'm not quite finished.  I need more mulch and one more green strip.  But it's a good start.  I'd also like to get a few yards of decomposed granite and freshen up the paths. 

No comments:

Post a Comment