Monday, February 20, 2017

Lady Banks Rose February 2, 2017

Lady Banks Rose grows into a massive monster.  I had a yellow flowering Lady Banks growing at my old home in Housto, and it easily covered an arbor that was built over my two air conditioning units.  The white Lady Banks has a scent, not a strong scent, that some say smells like violets.  I've never smelled violets, so I don't have any basis for comparison.  The yellow Lady Banks has no scent. T his rose is growing at the entrance to the Rose Garden.  It is draping over the large arbor that my husband built at the entrance.  This is year two (three??) for this rose, and it already has a lot of long canes, although it will get much bigger and much more dense.  I picture it obscuring the entrance to the Rose Garden giving it a sort of secret, hidden garden feel.  I am loving the flowers right now, and appreciating them fully.  This is a once-blooming rose, so these two weeks of flowers are precious.  I will have to wait another year to see them again.





No comments:

Post a Comment