Thursday, March 19, 2020

Succulents March 19, 2020

My old wheelbarrow that I have used for many, many years - and we have worked hard together - finally broke beyond repair.  I re-purposed it as a container and planted a bunch of succulents.  I have always loved stonecrops and sedums.  I don't know, maybe stonecrop and sedum are the same thing.  Anyway, I bought all of them except the gold sedum.  I cut those off a pot of sedum at our home in Houston.  What a great little sedum that one is, and it was the one that started my interest in this cool group of plants.  It is gold (can't remember the name), winter hardy, drought tolerant, easy to root.  I don't know much about the others beyond the fact that they don't like to stay wet, but it was a small investment in order to learn.  I'm expecting them to spread to fill out the space in between.  They are so cute and diverse.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment