Friday, July 23, 2021

Euphorbia 'Ascot Rainbow' July 21, 2021

I have two of these planted in pots around the pool.  Even when I am here for a week at a time I don't water them much.  And they have done extremely well.  I recall that the description on the tag said they were drought tolerant which is why I bought them.  The flowers are unusual, but non-descript unless you bend down to look at them.  The foliage is their greatest asset.  They are perennial and winter hardy - I don't know how hardy that is.  Frost tolerant is what the description says.  But so far I am impressed.  The foliage is supposed to get really colorful in the cooler months.  Around the pool I am growing aloe varieties, sedum varieties - basically cactus-ey stuff.  And I have a copper canyon daisy out there. Rain and occasional watering from me has kept it all alive.  I will move the copper canyon daisy to a bed in the Star Garden in the winter after it blooms.  Although copper canyon daisy is drought tolerant, it has suffered more than the aloes and sedums and the euphorbias.  



Below, this is a weird little aloe, Piranha aloe that I bought back in March.  It has of course been very drought tolerant.  In the photo above you can see the pretty red flowers it makes.  The butterflies really like them.


I don't remember the name of this sedum.  But, like all sedums - I love it.  This one has been with me for many years.  I made it through the February freeze like a champ.

   


No comments:

Post a Comment