Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Red and White Turks Cap July 20, 2021

 The red and the white Turks Cap are beginning to bloom.  These are useful plants.  They do fine in sun or shade.  I also have a pink variety, but it's not blooming yet.  In the winter they are a bit high maintenance because I have to cut back all the sticks.  I have many dozens, maybe hundreds of Turks Cap plants throughout the Boardwalk Gardens, by the pool, in the Shade Garden and the Star Garden.  That's a bit time consuming.  I suppose I can stop cutting them down, but I think over time they would get really messy looking. These plants are butterfly favorites.    



I can never get a photograph that does the white variety justice.  The white is so pretty, but my camera doesn't like them I guess.



No comments:

Post a Comment