Friday, July 23, 2021

Philippine Lilies July 23, 2021

 The lilies are blooming in every one of my gardens. I love this time of year.  The gingers and lilies are all in bloom. It's so hot and unpleasant, but here are these cool beauties - tall and lush.  The white color really pops in the early morning light and at dusk.  I grew all of these from seed.


Below, gingers and lilies along the Boardwalk.
Below, here is a faded bloom falling to the ground.  That long greenish stem will form the seed head that will filled with hundreds of papery seeds.  They fall to ground and make zillions of seed heads.  I spread them all over the place.  I'm trying to get them to take hold in the Shade Garden, but it will take some time.  It's two years from seed to first bloom.  And then several years after that to get multiple blooms from one bulb.



No comments:

Post a Comment