Sunday, August 8, 2021

Coneflower and My Heartbreak August 8, 2021

 Last summer I had magnificent displays of coneflower.  They take 2 years to come to bloom, so it was a long wait and well worth the wait.  But I thought once I had gotten them established so successfully that every year would be a beautiful display.  No.  They all but disappeared in the Star Garden where I was so very proud of them.  And the display was weak in the Orchard where I had several magnificent stands of of coneflower the summer before.  Hopes dashed again.  I suspect but do not know for certain, that the voles did them in.  Echinacea has a tap root.  Tap roots are very delicious fare for a vole. But coneflower is still here and there in the Orchard.  I expect that now I will always have some.  But perhaps never as dazzling a display as I had that one wonderful summer. 





No comments:

Post a Comment