Thursday, August 5, 2021

Rudbeckia Goldsturm August 5, 2021

 This stand of Rudbeckia Goldsturm in the front bed looked pretty this morning.  It's useful because it blooms in August.  Anything that will bloom in August is great to have in the garden.  This Rudbeckia will spread which I am fine with.  I love it.  It is not evergreen for me.  It goes dormant and comes back in late spring.  So in my front bed, that is a bit of a negative because I'm left with a bare spot through the winter and the beginning of spring.  But I have always loved yellow flowers.


In the picture below that is Rudbeckia Maxima growing next to Rudbeckia Goldsturm.  I'm letting the seed heads dry out so I can pass some seeds along to a neighbor.  Maxima is about to start getting beautiful again.  It makes wonderful grey-green mounds of big leaves (love big leaf plants) in the fall and winter. 



   

No comments:

Post a Comment