Friday, October 29, 2021

A Day at the Farm October 25, 2021



Spent the night and headed home the next day after work.  I came up to prep the house for our guests that arrive on Wednesday.

  • All I did when I arrived on Sunday afternoon was do some watering.  In particular I wanted to water my Kidneywood next to the Vegetable Garden and my Guajillo tree at the edge of the Shade Garden.  I planted both of them a week or so ago, and the last time I was here I forgot to water them. 
  • Before work I mulched the Kidneywood and the Guajillo tree.  The Guajillo tree is very small, only about as tall as my knee cap.  That's okay.  I can wait.  I just have to remember to water it occasionally. 
  • During lunch I worked in the Rose Garden pulling up basil plants.  They have gotten big and shrubby, so it was a bit of an effort.  I sowed moss verbena everywhere that I pulled up basil.  Moss verbena is a ground cover-type plant, and it looks pretty growing underneath the roses.
  • I had a partial packet of carrot seeds, and I sowed carrot seeds in the Vegetable Garden since I didn't get good germination at all from the previous sowing.  I think I didn't plant them deep enough.  
  • Arranged all the sprinklers.  I won't be back for a week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment