Sunday, October 24, 2021

The Water Garden October 23, 2021

 Also known as Mom's Garden and the White Garden.  Here are some of the plants blooming now.  

Below, this is an artemisia given to my by Connie Gwyn.  I just love it.  Unfortunately a huge Nicotiana decided to seed right on top of it, and I didn't have the heart to pull it up.  So the artemisia is being a bit smothered right now.  

The two photos below are trailing white lantana.

Below, this is Colonial White Verbena.  What an amazing verbena.  It has not stopped blooming all spring and summer.  I am definitely going to try more types of verbenas next spring to see if they all perform this well.
Another picture of Colonial White.
I went off the mark when I planted Australian Violet, but it has a lot of white in it.  This ground cover is very special, and it also has not stopped blooming since the spring.  It is a solid carpet of blooms non-stop.
Below, another picture of Australian Violet.
Below, Ice Cap rose.
The three photos below are white Black Eyed Susan Vine.  I just noticed that I ended up with at least one yellow flowered plant in the seeds I sowed.  I'm not happy about that.  With my luck those will be the seeds that end up coming back next spring.  And they don't really begin blooming until the fall when it becomes too late to pull them up because they have wound their way so completely around their support.


The four pictures below are of an amazing morning glory called Pearly Gates.  I took these pictures late in the day.  They stay open all day long.  I have never seen that happen in a morning glory, and I have grown many varieties.  I am extremely impressed with them.  And they are very large flowers, almost as large as Heavenly Blue.



The two pictures below are Indian Peace Pipe Nicotiana.



No comments:

Post a Comment