Thursday, October 7, 2021

Day at the Farm October 7, 2021

 There are 8 monarch caterpillars on this plant.

Here is one at the very top of the plant.

Here are two more.
Another one, hiding under a leaf.
Here are two eating the same leaf.

This one was near the bottom of the plant.


I drove up the evening before and worked from here on October 7.  My birthday.  Sixty years old - ugghh.

  • What a beautiful day.  Sunny and cool.
  • I put more Sevin dust on the collards, mustards and cabbages.  The mustards are getting hole-y.
  • I sprayed herbicide in the Star Garden, Rose Garden, and the Orchard.
  • I planted a Texas Kidneywood just on the outside of Mom's Garden.  I was very surprised to find that the spot where I planted the Kidneywood was solid clay.  I have never, ever found clay on this place no matter where I dig.  I thought twice about planting the shrub there because it was so clay-ey, but I did it anyway.  I had it in my head that that spot was the place I wanted it to be planted, and I couldn't veer from it.  I sure hope it does alright.
  • I spent some time looking for monarch caterpillars on my milkweed plants.  They are everywhere.
  • Watered here and there. 
  • Sowed parsley in the broken wheelbarrow in the Star Garden.
  • Sowed a bit more kale in the Vegetable Garden.
  • Headed home about 5:00.  Dinner with Max and Julia.







No comments:

Post a Comment