Friday, September 19, 2014

Buttercup Turnera September 19, 2014

 Turnera will get shrubby and grow about three feet tall if placed in the right spot.  My turnera is not optimally placed, and it is sprawling and gangly.  I have it in part sun.  They are sun lovers.  But I had some empty space, and I saw it in a nursery and bought it.  There is a bright yellow variety which I have grown before, but this creamy color with the brown eye is my favorite.  The flowers open up in the morning and close up about noon.  Turnera re-seeds, and I hope to get lots of volunteers next year that I can transplant all around the Star Garden in sunnier spots.


 Above and below, I took pictures of my turnera this morning.  It is a cloudy day, and the flowers have not fully opened.  The petals look so pretty.




No comments:

Post a Comment