Friday, September 19, 2014

Fall Festival of Flowers September 19, 2014

Most of the flowers below are late summer / fall blooming flowers.  Perennial ageratum is a fall bloomer.
 Below, dwarf Barbados Cherry only blooms in the fall.
 This is one of my favorite cannas, called Dawn Pink.
 Below, Cactus Flower Zinnia.
 Below, Indigo Spires Salvia will bloom all summer, but in the fall the purple color of the flowers is really vivid.
 Below, Fireworks Gomphrena will bloom all summer and into late fall.
 Below, butterfly ginger is a late summer bloomer.  This variety has been spectacular for me.  It spreads really fast.  Because of that I have it growing all over the place.  It can be easily dug up and transplanted.
 Lantana - and old faithful that blooms its heart out all summer and into the fall.  A butterfly magnet, so for me, it is a must-have.  Cut it back after it blooms, before it starts getting woody.
 Graham Thomas rose likes the cooler weather of fall.  The fall flush for this rose is better than the spring flush in my garden.
 Lion's Tail is a fall bloomer.  This is the first time I have grown it, and I think it is really interesting.
 Below, Pringle Aster is a fall bloomer.  I flops over, unfortunately.  Pretty, but clumsy.  I used to have a lot of purple aster in the Star Garden, but it sort of disappeared.  I find it here and there, but nothing like three years ago when it was a solid purple carpet of flowers.
 This is Caldwell Pink, a found rose that I planted last weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment