Monday, March 8, 2010

A Day at the Farm 03/08/10

Pretty bloom of Camellia 'Debutante'

A gray day. It sprinkled off and on.
  • I walked around and looked at everything. I always do that. It helps me form my thoughts about what I want to do that day and for the next several visits I make to the farm. I always make a list. How satisfying - crossing tasks off a list! Often I do something that isn't on my list, but then I don't get the satisfaction of crossing it off my list. So I try not to do that. :-)
  • I finished adding peat moss and soil to one of the two flowerbeds that my husband built in the Grass Garden.
  • I fertilized 11 of my roses and pulled lots of weeds.
  • I pulled weeds in the Bulb Garden. I need to add some good soil to that flowerbed. I added it to the list.
  • I planted 5 tomato plants that I grew from the seed that Josh gave me for Christmas. They are very small, I don't know if they will grow fast enough to be productive before it gets hot. What I am missing is a heating pad under the seed trays in my greenhouse. The plants will grow faster if they are kept warmer in January and February. I have space designated in my garden to plant 8 more tomato plants. I will buy some reliable hybrids such as Celebrity and Big Boy from a nursery and plant them this weekend.
  • I planted some seeds in the Long Border - Dahlberg Daisy, Cinderella Asclepias, and Snow Nymph Salvia. I planted Borage seeds in the medicinal herb garden which I call the Infinity Garden.
  • Did some laundry and shook out all the rugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment