Monday, March 29, 2010

What's Blooming Now White Lace Flower (Orlaya Grandiflora) - 03/28/10



White Lace Flower just opening up.
I don't know much about this plant. I don't know if it will survive a south Texas summer. I saw a picture in a plant magazine, ordered some seeds, and sowed them in the fall. I had 6 beautiful plants until last week when two of them completely wilted and dead. I saw that the wilted plants were severed right where the stems met the ground. I noticed some ants, maybe there is an ant bed underneath them, I have no idea. But the plant in the picture looks very pretty, and there are still 3 others beginning to bloom. I forgot to put ant poison down before I left the farm yesterday. I hope they are all healthy and growing when I return!


No comments:

Post a Comment