Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Day at the Farm 03/30/10

Close-up of a bluebonnet.

Today was one of the perfect Texas days.
  • Planted two Artemisia 'Powis Castle' in the Infinity Garden. The Infinity Garden is my medicinal herb garden. Artemisia is wormwood. Although the type I have is not Artemisia absinthium which was the key ingredient in Absinthe until it was outlawed, it is fun to have some of it in the garden. Absinthe was thought to have hallucinogenic properties, whether that was true or not is debatable.
  • Planted three Blackfoot Daisy (Melampodium leucanthum) in the Long Border. Blackfoot Daisy is a Texas native. There is no room left for any plants in the Long Border as long as the seeds I planted prosper.
  • I fertilized all the shrubs around the Greenhouse.
  • I fertilized half the plants in the Star Garden.
  • I sprayed herbicide on the grass where my husband expanded a flowerbed. I will fill the bed in with soil next time I go to the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment