Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Weekend at the Farm March 23 - 25, 2012

Fun weekend with perfect weather.
  • Had a luncheon under the arbor with all the family except for my mom and dad who are visiting my sister. We ended the day shooting all the guns and playing with the blow dart gun.
  • Sunday morning early I spotted a vole in the Orchard pushing dirt out of a tunnel. I ran and called Bert, and he shot it.
  • I pulled up the mustard greens. They were infected with mealy bugs or some such white powdery creatures on the undersides of the leaves. I drove them far away from my gardens so they wouldn't infect anything else. That is a blow. I had them in my Houston gardens and they are difficult to get rid of. They over-winter in the soil.
  • I also pulled up the remaining Swiss Chard, the Kale, and the Collards. Time to finish the spring garden. No time to lose.
  • I turned the soil and planted Straight Eight Cucumber seeds, Early Yellow Crookneck Squash seeds, marjoram seeds, Marina di Chogga pumpkin seeds, and Hale's Best Jumbo cantaloupe seeds.
  • I planted 4 more tomato plants - a total of eight tomato plants: Golian Hybrid, Carmello, Yellow Pear, Burpee Big Boy, Hillbilly, Mortgage Lifter, Homestead 24, and Pineapple.
  • I also seeded some empty spots with Celosia Cristata.
  • Sprayed herbicide in the Orchard.
  • Walked around and around and around looking at everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment