Sunday, February 24, 2013

More Rescues

My neighbor and I went early Saturday morning to an abandoned house and dug up some treasures.  I collected about 25 Ox Blood Lilies as well as a clump of bearded irises, a clump of Campernelles, and four alliums of some sort.  I am surely going to hell for all the skulking around I'm doing with my shovel.  Last weekend  I actually filled a large baggy with water, went to the Arbor Gate, surreptitiously took a cutting of a Cramoisier Superior, stuck it in the baggy that was hidden in my purse, and slunk off with my treasure.  That's horrible!  And it doesn't matter that no one will love them more than me or take care of them better than me.  It's still wrong.  But I can't stop!  
Above, alliums of some variety
Above, Ox Blood Liliy bulbs.
Above Bearded irises, purple flowers based on others that were blooming nearby

No comments:

Post a Comment