Saturday, April 2, 2022

Pawpaw Blooms April 2, 2022

 Pawpaws make interesting (although not very showy) blooms.  They bloom before the tree leafs out, but they are not easy to spot unless you are looking for them because they are maroon colored.  My Pawpaw tree has always interested me because I have read that they only produce fruit if there is another Pawpaw tree nearby to cross-pollinate.  And I have read that they colonize.  I only have one Pawpaw, and I seriously doubt that anyone around here has one to provide cross-pollination.  I get lots of fruit each year.  And my tree has never suckered after close to a decade of growing it.  Well that's what happens when one gets their information from the internet - you can get your information fast or you can get it accurate, but you rarely get both.






No comments:

Post a Comment