Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Time at the Farm April 5 - 6, 2022

This is a perfect Archduke Charles bloom.

Quick trip up here to organize the place for our next group of Airbnb guests.  Arrived after work on Tuesday, worked from here on Wednesday. 

  • It looks like the repair job that Bert did on the armadillo barriers in the Rose Garden is only partly working.  They are still getting in somewhere.  I did a little repair job by closing up a few gaps that might be possible entrance spots.
  • Spot watered in the Water Garden and the Rose Garden.
  • Pulled some weeds.
  • Sowed some white Cypress vine seeds in the Water Garden.
  • I planted an orange Aloe 'AnDora' in a pot next to the pool.  I cleaned up all the pots of dead winter debris while I was over there and pulled out little weeds that had sprung up.  I need to buy some new plants to fill those pots.  All of the sedums are okay, but the aloes don't make it through a zone 8b winter.  I buy drought tolerant plants to put in the pots around the pool because I don't want yet ANOTHER area that I need to keep irrigated. Some drought tolerant plants are winter hardy and some are not.  By the end of fall I don't have the energy to drag heavy pots into a protected area.  I need to invest in one of those 2-wheeled carts that are used to move heavy things.  Maybe this is the year...
  • Watered all the pots in the Medicine Garden.
  • I soaked some morning glory seeds and sowed them along the fence line of the Rose Garden entrance.  Split Second morning glory - they are doubles, I've never grown them before.
  • Headed home after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment