Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Althea Blooms September 9, 2020

 The two pictures below are different shrubs.  The top one is more double and pinker than the one below, and the one below has a dark pink eye. And below those two pictures is my double pink althea.  I also have two varieties of single white altheas as well as a double purple, a single lavender with a pink throat (Minerva), a single blue, and a double pink.  My single blue has not bloomed this year.  It has been a stingy bloomer in general.  I moved it last winter, so maybe it hasn't forgiven me yet.  The double purple has been beset by grasshoppers, so the blooms keep getting eaten.  Once it gets taller I expect that to become less of a problem simply because there will be some for me and some for the grasshopper.







No comments:

Post a Comment