Monday, September 14, 2020

At the Farm During the Pandemic September 7 - 13, 2020


  • Monday.  Back to the farm after our Labor Day Airbnb guests.
  • Washed linens and towels.
  • I planted some lantanas - I plant them and the voles eat them.  I'm glad I can help out...
  • Picked okra.  The huge ones that grew while I was gone were thrown into the compost pile.
  • Tuesday.  Worked. 
  • I cut the seed heads off my Rudbeckia in the front bed and the dining room bed.
  • Deadheaded zinnias.
  • Harvested some of my sunflower heads to let the seeds dry out.
  • Wednesday.  Worked  Busy day.
  • Went to the Rose Garden for a stroll.  A vole had eaten one of my largest lantanas up to the soil level and it was laying on the ground dying.  I put the hose down there to fill the hole with water.  I stuck the lantana back in the ground and cut it back severely to see if will survive the trauma.  
  • Thursday.  Worked.
  • My poor embattled lantana looked ok at first light.  A cold front moved in which will help it hang on.  I made a quick inspection, looks like all the other lantanas made it through the night.
  • Harvested more of my sunflower heads to dry out.
  • I staked some plants that were leaning into paths.  
  • Planted the last 3 plants that I bought last weekend.
  • Headed home after work to make way for Airbnb guests that arrive on Friday.
  • Babysat for Blake's 3 at their house all weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment