Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Black Seeded Moudry Grass September 9, 2020

 We are entering the fall season which means all the grasses are starting to throw up their seed heads.  All the wild grasses along the trails are beginning to form seeds (Little Bluestem and others).  My domestic variety - called Black Seeded Moudry grass - is in full bloom.   I love grasses, have for years.  Years ago I made a grass garden that I dedicated to Max.  I thought the swaying movement and change really reflected Max's life at the time.  But the voles ate all the grasses except for this one.  I would come out and there would be a big clump of grass eaten up to the soil level.  They wreaked havoc on this grass last winter, but I had so many seeds that it came back with a vengeance.   








No comments:

Post a Comment