Sunday, October 17, 2010

My Spanish Eyes Black Eyed Susan Vine Arbor





I grew this vine from seeds that I planted this spring. For me, it is a mannerly climber, not aggressive. I have trimmed it several times, but considering I have some zinnias planted right next to the vine and it has not wrapped itself around them, I believe it can be classified as mannerly.
I believe it is an annual vine. But it will reseed. I had one in Houston, and I always thought it was a perennial that came up from the roots each spring, but now I think it's an annual that is springing up from the seeds it throws off. I'm not really sure, and not too inclined to find out. The seeds I planted are called Spanish Eyes. There is also a pure yellow variety that really, really looks like a Black Eyed Susan. It's pretty on the arbor in the Star Garden. This vine is so cheery. I love cheerful flowers.









No comments:

Post a Comment