Sunday, October 24, 2010

What's Blooming Now - Blue Mist Flower 10/23/10




Blue Mist Flower (Eupatorium greggii) blooms in the fall. Butterflies are very fond of it. Mine is growing under a couple of Pin Oaks so it gets a few hours of shade. Not much.
I also have White Mist Flower (Eupatorium havanense) in one of my gardens. The flowers are just about to open. It should be in full bloom when I go back next weekend. I grow this in full sun.
Another plant in that family grows practically wild in my Shade Garden. It is called White Snakeroot (Eupatorium fistulosum). It is poisonous, but I don't plant on eating it so I love it! It reseeds like crazy, but it's shrubby, so it's easy to pull up if it sprouts somewhere you don't want it. It is just starting to bloom and it will also be in full bloom when I go back next weekend. This plant likes the shade. It is as happy as can be in full shade.




No comments:

Post a Comment